Everyone working with the System Center product suite has most likely read one of the “Unleashed” books. In many forums they have been described as a technical ”bible.” We are pleased to announce there will be a new “bible” for Service Manager 2010!
Service Manager, the long-awaited third major component of Microsoft’s System Center suite, addresses the “Supporting” quadrant of the MOF process model. System Center Service Manager 2010 Unleashed will provide in-depth reference and technical information about Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010, as well as information on other products and technologies on which its features and components are dependant.
The content uses an end-to-end feature implementation perspective, facilitating more optimized deployments by covering related topics in a stepwise order for a given feature area. The book begins with an overview, moves into planning, design, and implementation, and then covers the most important and significant feature sets of the product – of interest to SCSM administrators worldwide.
Authors are Kerrie Meyler, Alexandre Verkinderen, Anders Bengtsson, David Pultorak, and Patrik Sundqvist. Also contributing are Travis Wright, Kurt Van Hoecke, and Maarten Goet.
Here are some of the topics we plan to cover:
• Service Manager Basics
• Service Manager 2010 Overview
• MOF & ITIL (Why You Care)
• Looking Inside Service Manager
• Designing Service Manager
• Planning Complex Configurations
• Installing Service Manager 2010
• Using the Service Manager Console
• Connecting to Operations Manager, Configuration Manager, and Active Directory
• Business Services
• Incident Management
• Problem Management
• Change Management
• Release Management Services
• IT Management – Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance
• Using the Self-Service Portal
• Service Manager and Security
• Backup, Recovery, and Maintenance
• Customization Planning
• Customizing Workflows and Management Packs
• Reports, Dashboards, and Data Analysis
• Customizing the Data Warehouse and Reporting
• Service Manager and the Managed Service Provider
• Partner Solutions
Service Manager 2010 Unleashed will be published by Sams Publishing, joining the existing System Center series with Unleashed books on Operations Manager and Configuration Manager. The book will incorporate Service Manager 2010 SP1 as well as enhancements in an anticipated R2 release in 2011.
I’m very proud to be working on this book and I would like to thank Kerrie Meyler for asking me to join the project.