“Setup cannot locate the MOM database” can come up when you install MOM management server and the database is on another server that is just installed. The cause is that the management server cant connect to the database server.
- Open “SQL Server Configuration Manager” on your SQL server
- Expand “SQL Server 2005 network configuration”
- Click “Protocols for MSSQLSERVER”
- Duble click TCP/IP
- Change Enabled No to Enabled Yes, then click Ok
- Restart the MSSQLSERVER service under “SQL Server 2005 Services”