This is a script that checks if there is a new file, contains a keyword, and that the file has been created last X hours. For example if you have a couple of servers uploading files every hours, you can check with this script if all servers have uploaded a new file the last hour. Even if the filename is not always the same, for example many applications add a timestamp to the filename like server05_20081012.
Configuration.txt contains all keywords that should be included in a filename. Contoso_filecheck.hta is a GUI that you can use to add keyword, delete keywords and show current keywords. contoso_filechecker.vbs is the script that does the filecheck.
- The script counts number of files in the folder, that was created last X hours (default folder is C:\LogFiles and default time is 24 hours)
- The script creates an array of all the files that was created last X hours
- The script loops all selected files and checks if the keyword is in the filename. It then moves on to the next keyword and loops all selected filenames.
- If the keyword, for example a server1, is in Configuration.txt but there is no file including server1 created last 24 hours, a local event will be created including the time configuration and the keyword.
- You can configure MOM 2005 or Ops Mgr to pickup these events and generate an alert.
Download the script here.