I read a question on the forum about creating a incident in Service Manager with Opalis. The question was about all the fields you see in the incident form in Service Manger, but not on the “Create Incident with template” activity in Opalis. Many things we see in Service Manager as one form is a combination of objects and relationships between classes. Some more info about that in this post. Opalis handle this object per object and relationship per relationship. In the following policy I create a incident and create a relationship to a user and a computer. The computer is added as related CI and affected CI.
- Creates a incident in Service Manager
- Gets a user from the CMDB
- Create a relationship between the incident and the user
- Gets a computer object
- Create a relationship between the incident and the computer, as related CI
- Create a relationship between the incident and the computer, as affected item
- Sends a platform event