The high level themes of the System Center Operations Manger 2007 Service Pack 1 are:
- Address critical customer initiated issues including roll-up of all hotfixes
- Make the product easier to support
- Make the product easier to use
- Make the product easier to deploy
In the beginning of November there will be a public Release Candidate (RC). This release (RC) is fully upgradable to the final RTM version of the Service Pack. The reasons the product team is making the RC of the Service Pack generally available are:
- To give customers evaluating OpsMgr 2007 advance access to the SP to aid in their evaluation and proof of concept deployments
- To give current OpsMgr 2007 customers that may have hotfixes in their environment an opportunity to test the Service Pack and provide feedback on it
- Ultimately to make sure that the final RTM release of the Service Pack is of the highest possible quality.
The final RTM version of the Service Pack is targeted for mid-February 2008. This version of the Service Pack will be able to be applied to upgrade the originally released RTM version of Operations Manager 2007 and it will also upgrade Operations Manager 2007 running the Release Candidate of SP1
2 thoughts on “News about Ops Mgr SP1”
Comments are closed.