I saw a question about monitoring a logfile with Ops Mgr 2007. Here is a short step by step guide
- In the console, under Authoring, Management Pack Objects, Rules, create a new rule
- Choose to create a Alert Generating Rules/Event Based/Generic Text Log (Alert), click next
- Input a rule name and choose rule target, click next
- Input a directory, for example C:\, input a pattern, for example logfile.log, click next
- Input the following expression,
Parameter Name = Params/Param
Operator = Matches wildcard
Value = warning
- Configure a suitable alert and then click create
Please note that this rule is case sensitiv, so it will make difference between WARNING and warning.
3 thoughts on “Monitor a logfile with Ops Mgr 2007”
Comments are closed.